Total War Hotseat Campaigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
CommodusIV

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 Empty Re: TIOC - Hotseat Saves

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:26 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Dafydd, stranded at sea:

Messages depart from Llywelyn's court. He is described as haggard, but set in his purpose; his body weakened, made up by a look in his eyes nobody would have expected from the man. For him, it is the ending stretch. The war that he will fight no matter what. In his eye, one of two men will stand at the end of this conflict. And he has resigned himself to the loss of life that will result...

Onto the Scots...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/375127616534872077/411286366823907328/TIOC_Scotland_13.sav
Der Böse Wolf

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:58 pm
How has Cardiff fallen?
ScotlandIsBest

Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:30 am
Alexander recieves harsh news from his Northern allies. They strongly demand aide against the Irish and are very brunt about it. There is little choice but to get involved in this conflict.
"Send messengers to my two sons, Arcill, and Dougall, tell them the King orders them to sail to Ireland and aide in the fight, and to deter any Irish advances towards the Norse people"
This is Alexanders first act of war, and it doesnt feel good to him but it is something that must be done.

Meanwhile, in the South, Prince Patrick is scouting the southern borders when an angry peasent mob attacks him and wounds him as he retreats to his river fort.

King Alexander hears word of this and laughs at Patrick's foolishness for being ambushed by peasents. He knows the organized armies of the South would never send peasents to do their military bidding.

The winds of war are coming save sent to norway via email
CommodusIV
CommodusIV

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:23 am
Der Böse Wolf wrote:How has Cardiff fallen?

Besieged since last turn by a superior force. Didn't run math to ensure all was correct, but given the way Hannibal made sure to beat the shit out of me by the rules checked beforehand, I'm not too pessimistic about his methods in that regard.
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:23 am
Sure, but shouldn't we get screenshots of the assault or the spy opening the gates?
Hannibal2001
Hannibal2001
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
1 Staff Hotseat Victory

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:41 pm
Der Böse Wolf wrote:Sure, but shouldn't we get screenshots of the assault or the spy opening the gates?
I took it with overwhelming odds so I'll post them only if Commodus demands me.
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:41 am
"Lord Simon of the Northern Shires called us lazy fat Norsemen, drunk on mead while English sailors crush the Irish and the Welsh in the south,  our scottish allies turn their back on us, our people are starving at the isle of Man and we are still asking the Irish to move their little ships while our Dragon fleet rots at port?!"

Inge was fuming. He risked his head shouting at King Haakon like that, but as a Pagan he didn't learn to be humble, like Christianity preaches.

In fact, a century earlier, Norway embraced Christianity.
But the pagan ways were still prevalent, especially when it came to war.
Odin was still the driving force of the fierce Norse warriors.

Haakon, a christian King by tradition now, also longs for the old Viking ways.

He stands up and throws two letters at Inge's feet.
"Read them aloud", he calmly orders his adoptive son.

"Two Scottish princes with thousands of men departing for Ireland and Wales, and a funding deal from the Northern Shires??" Inge was flabbergasted.

"You old bastard", screamed the young man with joy and embracing the old king.

"Sound the horn, lift the sails, muster the men!! By Odin's will we shall sail!!" Haakon screamed of the top of his lungs.

When the orders came to set sail, the mighty Vikings grabbed axes and spears and ran to their Dragon Ships singing at full throat:

The warming sun returns again
And melts away the snow
The sea is freed from icy chains
Winter is letting go
Standing on the ocean side
We can hear the waves
Calling us out with tide
To sail into our fate
Oden! Guide our ships
Our axes, spears and swords
Guide us through storms that whip
And in brutal war
Our ships await us by the shore
Time has come to leave
Our country, family and homes
For riches in the east
Some of us won't return
But that won't bring us down
Our fate is written in the web
Woven by the Norns
A ram is sacrificed
Across the longship's bow
And as we set our sails
A strong breeze starts to blow
It carries us out to sea
With hope…

Attack de irske skipene, synke de bastards ned!
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 0vAEaSc

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 BlpBGm6

I missed to capture the balance of forces but it was 3 to 2 to the enemy

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 Wd6ZttT

The Irish sea blockade was lifted.

King Haakon IV has warned High King Brian that this will happen if he doesn't move his ships.
But the proud Irish didn't reply. Now they lie underwater or scattered along the coast with what remains of their ships.

Admirad Edmund returns to shore ready to transport a massive Viking force into Ireland.
To the south of them, two Scottish fleet also depart.

King Haakon, this old warrior, has indeed mastered the art of diplomacy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Our food supplies are back to normal my prince. Thank God this Irish blockade is over."
The intendant then handed Prince Magnus 2 letters.

Magnus, a devout Christian, opened the first one. He frowned.

"Orders from my father. We will get a gold shipment to build ships and land the army in Wales to assist King Henry III".

The Prince started walking back and forth in his room, thinking aloud:
"Nah, I will not move the army. King Llewelyn is a noble man and so is High King Brian. I have more in common with them than I have with my father and this Inge..."

"Read me the second letter", ordered the Prince.

"It' s from King Llewelyn himself...he is...euh, maybe you should read it yourself my Prince!" The intendant handed the letter to Magnus.

After reading it, the young Prince fell on his chair, his face turning pale.

"Muster the army, arrange food supplies and arm every capable man immediately" ordered the Prince.

"But I thought you didn't want to sail to Wales!", the intendant was lost.

Magnus stood up slowly, walked to his window and looked at the horizon, where trade ships are able to safely sail again.
He took a deep long breath and said: "We are not going to Wales...they are coming to us!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Northern Shires are next:: https://we.tl/yn7bA6abWa
paladinbob123
paladinbob123

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:46 pm
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 548px-Arms_of_Montfort-l%27Amaury_queue_fourche.svg

Simon de Montfort , had mixed feeling about the current escalation of the situation , in the South. He didn't like the precedent of spilling royal blood of any faction without due cause , but equally he was a loyal subject of the king , and married to his sister. The King had asked for the Barons force of the northern shires to attack the Welsh , but it was difficult to call parliament at this time , with the current problems on the border ,which kept a lot of the northern lords , back in there manorhouses ,as they were reluctant to return to parliament , whilst bandits were roaming the land. Parliament was for the moment , suspended, but after the bandits were taken out, in the next season , he had little doubt , that the government would be recalled , to complete the Kings request.

There was however severe problems near the Scottish border, and the current news that the Scottish diplomat had been waylaid on the road , north of Chester , where he had been robbed of both his wealth and his life. The northern shires had apologied to the Scottish king , and said they would re-emburse any losses his family would be facing at such a time.

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 2378jk

To make matter worse , with the current bandits in the Inglewood and Scottish clansmen who had crossed the border[rebels], Simon had raised the main army of the barons , calling upon there most experienced troops to mobilise near the Scottish border. Heavily armoured swordsmen began to swarm under his banner , with many armoured knights of renowned families of the north. Yeoman longbowmen , who spent long days during the working week practicing there longbow skills in the churchyards, also joined as this was a requirement of there tenure.

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 Fctk5g

As the multitudes , those veterans , and those that had been called upon fully assembled , they  begun to march towards the Scottish border, firstly to remove the bandits of Ingelwood , and to secure the borders against Scottish rebels who had crossed . But Simon mused to himself , and hoped that , the rumours of Scottish troops sailing to Wales , was not true , lest he was ordered by the King , to enter Scotland, to seek retribution , for the scots interfering in what was , the English kings matters.

Turn to England,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/orf54wok3ftiz9r/TIOC_England_14.sav?dl=0
Hannibal2001
Hannibal2001
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
1 Staff Hotseat Victory

Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:56 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 San_romanos_brdzola

As Cardiff has fallen to the English troops, the south of Wales is now officially under English rule. With this news the King of England, Henry the IV, rides to the border of Wales to gather his armies and press forward. They meet at large town near the border, Shrewsbury. Due to the war the town is experiencing a fast development as blacksmiths, merchants and many others come to the town to sell their products to the soldiers garrisoned there. King Henry's host is impressive, numbering over 20 000 troops including 5 000 heavily armored cavalry, 5000 longbowmen and over 10 000 infantry the majority being English knights and Armoured Sergeants who served in the war against the Baron's Alliance. As the king approaches the town cheers begin to sound, people coming out of their homes to greet the king. The news of the defeat of the Prince of Wales at sea encouraged the people and most of all the king himself. He gave the order to the admirals to sink the remaining navy and bring the body of the prince to the shores with the respect a royal deserves. The English navy engages the enemy and is victorious once again, sinking the fleet and killing the Prince of Wales along with his army that was meant to save Wales.

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 20180209182450_1

Despite the success in the south however, there was still a small pocket of resistance from a small regiment of Welsh troops at the bridge near Pembrose. The 300 warriors decided to stand their ground and fortified the crossing against any English troops daring to cross. They made ample supplies given by a Welsh merchant working in the area who's loyalty to the Welsh crown worth more than his life. King Henry dispatched 400 experienced men to attack the small regiment and retake the crossing. He also ordered the death of the merchant who helped them.

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 20180209182332_1

With the merchant dead the English party attacks the small garrison. The fighting lasted for hours as the Welsh archers fired with everything they had and inflicted the majority of the casualties. It could not compare however to the English strengh and valor in battle and thus they achieved victory.

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 20180209182251_1

With this string of victories the King Henry warns the Irish king to not send any aid to the Welsh or else he'll suffer the consequences!

Ireland is up! - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pNbGwx1HKxGdBVxPNjK99d9ML14Go8CQ
Jadli
Jadli
Site Owner

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:18 pm
As we have just cleared out, you need siege artillery to be allowed to take the fort. Thus, please replay this.
Hannibal2001
Hannibal2001
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
1 Staff Hotseat Victory

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:30 pm
Jadli wrote:As we have just cleared out, you need siege artillery to be allowed to take the fort. Thus, please replay this.
Already discussed this and gave you my answer. Hotseat continues as it's just 2 units in the fort and I don't have the time for a replay especially in the coming days.
Jadli
Jadli
Site Owner

Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:01 pm
Sighs... alright.

Edited the rules a bit, so they all should be clear. From now everyone will be following them.

Also, added some specifics for forts. They are counted as settlements where ladders are not required (even tho they might actually have "stone walls". You also need only one ballista for forts, not two.
PeaMan
PeaMan

Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:55 pm
Many weeks have past since High King Brian departed for Wales but after a weary journey he finally arrives Northern Wales and sets up camp outside the Castle of his dear friend King Llewelyn. High King Brian approaches the Castle with his noble retinue and the huge oak gates open..

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 19nh1z

Meanwhile in the North Prince Domnail sets sail to the Isle of Man and sends a fleet north to resume the blockade and stop Viking reinforcements arriving. Lately he has made fast friends with the Scottish Princes and according to a agreement by the Scottish and Irish Kings Prince Domnail is expecting his friends to come to his aid. The battle of the Princes will soon begin unless Prince Magnus surrenders

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 Espwr6

Wales up - save sent via discord

Last edited by PeaMan on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:15 pm
PeaMan wrote:
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 Espwr6

There are two catapults stationed at Castletown, this means that in order to be able to assault the castle as per the rules, Ireland must have at least 4 catapults in that besieging army: 2 to counter mines and 2 to breach the walls, correct?
CommodusIV
CommodusIV

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 pm
Aye, takes 4 to properly take it over.

Little of note, and little writing inspiration in any case. So, onto the Scots:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/375127616534872077/413327706759888896/TIOC_Scotland_14.sav
ScotlandIsBest

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:42 pm
Dougall Brechynne and Arcill Vissman were on their voyage to Ireland when an they receive a message from an Irish emissary. The letter details rumors of Norse plans with the English to take over Scotland once they've used us for fighting the Irish and Welsh.

"Do you believe these words brother? I personally have not been to keen on our Norse allies, but i did not want to upset the King." Dougall said to Arcill in contemplation. 

"Aye im afraid i do, I too have had these same worries. They have been nothing but a bother with all the demands and pissyness. And fighting the Irish and Welsh does not help or protect our people. What should we do?" Arcill was in self-doubt and seemed stressed.

"This is a moment in history where the fate of the future is in our hands, we must be wise in our decision. I think the right thing would be to aide the Irish, we will need allies, allies that are alive, if we are to defend against the potential Norse and English invasion." Said Dougall reassuring Arcill. 

"So it is settled? We join our Irish brothers against the Norwegians, FOR SCOTLAND!" Arcill exclaimed in a bout of nationalistic pride. 

Dougall's ships lead the way as they change course towards Castle Town. Arcill is following up with reinforcements. When they land on the beaches they approach the castle and see their new friends laying siege. They see Prince Domnall and approach

"Ahhhh Prince Domnall, nice to finally meet you. We recieved your message while on our ships, we are supportive of your cause." Dougall said to Domnall

"Well it is nice to know you decided to join the good guys Dougall, we've always admired the Scots. Well our plan here is to lay siege to Castle Town will your men join us?"

"Absolutely, MEN START SETTING UP CAMP!" Arcill and Dougall direct their men to begin setting up to lay siege.

King Alexander is in his quarters when his assistant comes bursting into his chambers

"Why do you barge into here with no knock?!"

"Sir its your sons, they've taken their own directive and changed course. They are sailing to Castletown AGAINST the Norwegians!"

The Kings face turned dark red in anger

"THESE FOOLS!, do they not realize the danger and risk they put our people in?! They give us no warning of their plans and now we can have enemy troops on our lands in no time!" 

"What shall I reply sir?

"Give me time, i need to ponder on this for a bit."

The King now thinking of the situation is no longer as mad, and is trying to find the reason for his sons' actions. He admires their courage and is proud they were able to not always just do as told but he is also upset they wouldn't speak their opinions or intents to him as he has always been honest to them. 

"My empathy compels me to see the vile side of war and how i have strived to keep my people at peace, but if i am to be in war i would prefer to be on the right side rather than the "stronger" side. It appears i have adopted some wise children as they could see this and i could not."

The king sends approval to Dougall and Arcill. But warning them against doing such things in the future as he may not be so forgiving and accepting of their actions. In the South, Prince Patrick was angry about the injuries he sustained when scouting the country side and he set out the deal with the problem himself. He rode out with his bodyguards to where the incident occured, he found a gathering of peasents and folk looking similar to the ones that he encountered earlier, not that he cared if they were the same ones, he just wanted revenge. His men charged out from the woods encircling the crowd and charging inward, the unarmored and unarmed nature of the peasents was incomparable to the might of the Prince and his men. Patrick returns to his fort and sends the battle report to our southern neighbours. On his way back he spots a man from the south spying on them from Scottish lands. He sends a note to Lord Simon reminding him that spying is an unacceptable offense and that he had best be removed from Scottish lands for his own safety as our people have heard of what happened to our diplomat on the road near Chester, and he was not a spy.
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:45 pm
You forgot to send me the link.
ScotlandIsBest

Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:47 pm
Just waiting on reply from jadli before I send save
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:17 pm

"But she wouldn't think of battle that
Reduces men to animals
So easy to begin
And yet impossible to end
For shes the mother of our men
Who counselled me so wisely then
I feared to walk alone again
And asked if she would stay
Oh lady lend your hand i cried
And let me rest here at your side"

Prince Magnus was crying and praying the Virgin Mary, alone in his chamber.

After a royal funeral, where Prince Domnall, son of High King Brian and heir to the Irish throne was laid to rest on a hill under a Celtic cross, Magnus received news that the tomb was violated by his soldiers...

He had done everything to prevent the massacre though. He ordered his enraged men not to pursue the fleeing Irishmen, as they were desperately running for their lives.
Unfortunately for the Irish, their ships were at the other side of the isle of Man were they were blockading the Norwegian port. The soldiers had nowhere to run and the pursuing Vikings slaughtered every one of them until they got to Prince Domnail who was hoping for his new Scottish allies to save him.
But the Scottish were not ready yet and were still disembarking on the shores, north of Castletown.
The Huscarls didn't listen to the orders of their prince and they brutally murdered the young Prince and his retinue.

Prince Magnus, devastated, ordered to bury the body and erect a Celtic Cross in honour of Prince Domnall...but the Vikings warriors, furious with the Scottish treason and the renewed Irish blockade in the North which brought famine to their lands, and in act of extreme profanity, violated the tomb and threw the body of Domnall to the sea after cutting his head and putting it on a stake in place of the Celtic cross.
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 OhEeheJ
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 AxfC7Eu
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 O6Mz1U7
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 LVotiy3

NOTE: The 968 irish soldiers survived the battle, but the whole army and the prince died, maybe because they had no place to retreat to.

A few hours earlier, Magnus was still pondering what to do. Prince Domnall offered him a safe retreat back north but with half of his men.
Magnus didn't want to fight. He knew that if he surrenders the island and retreats with his troops, he will remain in good terms with King Brian especially that he will become King of the Noregveldi soon since his father, Haakkon, is getting really old.
Also, if Magnus dies, then Inge will inherit the throne and this will bring destruction on the isles as Inge is a bloodthirsty merciless warrior.

Magnus knew that the fate of many people lies in his hands. He decided to surrender and sacrifice half of his men in order to save thousands in the future.
As he was about to reply to the Irish Prince, news arrived that the Scottish allies, have landed north of Castletown. Magnus was pale: if the Scottish came to help him, there will be battle. he wanted to avoid battle at all cost!

He sent a small delegation to the Scottish Prince to ask him not to attack and help transport his troops North as he is surrendering the island to the Irish.
But the Norse messengers were attacked as soon as they approached the Scottish camp. All but one were butchered like animals.
The surviving messenger managed to run away and escaped from the pursuing Scots and using the terrain to his advantage as he knew these hills like the back of his hand.
He reported to Magnus what happened.
Magnus understood now the whole scheme: the orchestrated landing of the Scots and the Irish at the isle of Man and the renewed Irish sea blockade in the North meant that there is no way he can safely leave with his men. he has no ships and he is surrounded. The Scots betrayed his people.

He felt like a fool. His enemies are using his kindness to bully him. He felt enraged.

"Are the Scottish battle ready?" Magnus asked the surviving scout.
"No my Prince, they are still disembarking, some ships didn't arrive yet." The weary scout said in a weak voice.

"It's now or never, sound the horn, we will sally out now and die fighting. May God be with you".
With the cover of darkness, the gates opened and the Vikings attacked the besieging Irishmen...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Inverness castle:

"Those bastards! I knew I should not have trusted them. They are too afraid to attack me so they attack my son instead, because they think he is weak and peace loving. But now they saw that Magnus is MY SON, a true Viking. They will see what happened to that fool Domnall and maybe they will come back to us like dogs asking for mercy..."
King Haakon was talking loudly.

"Mercy? Hah, when the snow melts I am marching south."
Inge didn't want peace with Scotland. On the contrary, he wants an escalation, knowing that Magnus will be besieged by two massive Scottish armies...the odds that Magnus will die are therefore high...and with Haakon getting old, he will be King soon.
Magnus must die and the Scots can do this for him.

"Send reinforcements to the Isle of man at once" Ordered Haakon.

"Sire! we can't sail south, the Irish have mustered hundreds of ships and are blockading the passage again, so Admiral Edmund had to land in Ireland as the storm prevented him from coming back to our ports safely."
The war minister was fearing the kings's fury after telling him this.

But Inge was joyful at this news.
"It's not a big deal father, we have our raiders on Irish soil now, let's plunder their countryside as a retaliation. I'm sure my brother will beat those Scots just like he did beat the Irish!"

Hakoon stared at Inge for a while. He knew what Inge was plotting.
"Send an urgent message to King Henry and ask him to assist us at the isle of Man. Magnus has already eliminated a huge Irish army which was heading England's way. Henry MUST help Magnus.
And send another letter to the Northern Shires, let them know what the Scottish did so they are warned. I heard that the southern border was unstable, and now it will be even more."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somewhere in North of Scotland

The chariots suddenly stopped. The horses were nervous.
The armed guards too.
Suddenly out of nowhere, arrows flew and the guards fell one after the other.
The merchant shat himself when he saw, coming out of the woods, 5 large men in black cloaks coming towards him.

"Your weapons shipments to the King Alexander will stop now", the black cloaked men told the merchant before they opened his throat.
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 ACukpzL
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 ULeaYw3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Norther Shires are next: https://we.tl/fbsMaa2VJV
paladinbob123
paladinbob123

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:35 pm
I have received Jadli's random numbers for my votes......I shall apologise at my delay , as it is late, and I promise to put my turn with its RP up tomorrow morning [bows]
ScotlandIsBest

Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:38 pm
No problem paladinbob always look forward to your RP
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:39 pm
Me too, it's a pleasure reading your RP.
paladinbob123
paladinbob123

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:09 pm
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 15zginn
TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 5bbq00

Godwine Herbert ,Lord of Newcastle , was in fine spirits, he had moved towards parliament after his recent marriage , bringing with him all his spite against the Scottish people , with his recent skirmishes with scottish pike miltia on the border. On his appearance at parliament , he found himself in a rather prominent position as Simon de Montfort , was leading the main barons army to the northern border , to put down the outlaws in inglewood forest. The speaker of the house had also  moved down to Chester with his knightly retinue to review the situation on the border with the welsh forces. Such a gap of leadership in parliament promoted him to speaker, as he was one of the foremost barons , and he had a agenda ,he wished to promote.

The first issue of the day , for parliament was the , request of the Norwegian peoples for help against the Scottish people , as they were under threat from a large Scottish force which approached Castletown , and this thwarted the barons ambitions for the viking raiders in Ireland, a policy which had been started to keep the irish busy in the north of there country whilst the English king sought to regain his territories in the eastern irish counties .

Godwine stood in the house , and began to speak , to sway the peoples of the north, and with simon & the speaker of the house missing , most of the lords , sat to hear his views...

"My Lords , we have a difficult decision to make here! ....Where the Scottish people attack with the irish, against Castletown on the isle of Man. {he points to the Norwegian  diplomat , who had gave a brief overview of the situation beforehand} The Norwegian people contest with the irish, who have set themselves against the king , and in connection........ us as well. Can we allow a Scottish or a Irish held island , threatening our western coastline without a response? If the Scottish cannot control there own people from crossing the border , can we not expect the same , when they are equally on a nearby coastline? Are we to be harassed by there people on two borders now? "

He paused and judged that many of the nobles who had many grievances with the Scottish peoples , were eager to have a harder line inflicted on the scots, and they cheered in support of Godwine's words before he continued.

"I therefore advance a bill, that protects our borders! If the Scottish people lay siege to Castletown , we will extend our hands in alliance to the Norwegian peoples and two things will happen. We will send a army up to siege Edinburgh and another to  support Castletown. So we warn the Scottish king , that peace is always in his hands if he wishes it . But if the Scottish king wants war , then we will shall give him war enough , to satisfy him and more besides! "

Many of the nobles cheered at the end of the speech, mostly from the northern barons near the border , they were eager to settle old score's from across the border, where as some of the lords to the south, were less fierce to enter into conflict with the Scottish people. But the clerks of the house moved to cast the vote and the northern lords voted on the issue..

{Roll was "9" from the admin}

result : [9-0 Parliament is happy to sent the forces/money the -king- [Norwegians] asks for[allowing for adequate defence of its own lands] although they will request a "boon" of the -king- Norwegians , for the people at some time.]  

Therefore a bill was passed that if the Scottish lay siege to Castletown, then the northern shires will offer the Norwegians a alliance[to last as long as Castletown is attacked/undersiege or given back[returned] to the Norwegian peoples...In response to the Scottish ignoring our threats will lead to invasion on the land border and a expeditionary force will be sent to help Castletown.
In balance to this, we will not give the Norwegians , the promised 2k for irish raiding, as we are helping them in this matter[this will be the "boon" we request in return]

The next issue in the house , was the kings request for 3,000 florins, as he said that he would take that, instead of army support for the conquest of Wales. This caused immediate friction within the house , as the Northern shires were already committed a regular tribute of 1,000 florins for the next few winters. With submitting additional funding to the Norwegians to raid Ireland [on behalf of the king], and with the additional expense of the Chester's border defence force and now with the aggression on there western and northern borders , left the lords in no mood to compromise to this greedy king. Simon perhaps could have provided leadership to the house , to perhaps smooth things over , but simon was not here , as he was leading the main army in the north , and so the vote went forward with a sour mood.

{Roll was a "3" from the admin}

result : {1-3 Parliarment is annoyed about the english kings request for aid and reject outright his request. Lords and barons mummble under there breath about the inconsistancy of kings and there lack of religious piety.}

It was announced from the general feelings of the northern lords , that the king has taken leave of his senses in his bloodlust , in his welsh campaign. The northern lords are upset about there treatment and lack of respect. To this end , they will continue the tribute {1,000 florins for the next 3 turns to show there respect to the king} but they equally are unhappy about the recent death of the Welshprince , as they believe there could have been negotiations between the factions. To this end , to show there displeasure, Lord Arthur of Lancaster is to take the Borderforce at Chester and withdraw it to Lancaster , to build such a force , that could invade the isles of man, if there is need. If the king continues to pressure the northern countries for more funds, then a vote can be held , but if it goes ill , there might be a backlash, and funding support might be sent to the welsh}

For the last vote in common Lord Godwine Herbert requested further recruitment of more troops , just in case a expeditionary army if required for the Castletown operation. The lords voted with some considerable thought to the task at hand...

{admin rolled a "5" which under the following table for asking for troops}

result :[from old page before for troops on twc website,page 17 , #334:-]
[The commons will vote [for next turn] a Bill to provide monies to build a 2nd Army Group for the defence of the Northern Shires [The vote will be table 2...with a +2 modifier as the king has promised aid[if we need it] but the results will be rolled by admin on a d10/10 digit random number, where the results will be as follows:-,
[1-4] no monies are passed, so no army is formed ,
[5-8] the commons are uncertain about the requirement for more troops, some monies are passed and a half-strenght army group can be funded ,
[9+] the commons give as much monies as required, a 2nd fully formed army group will be assembled]

So the result was for a little more troops to be trained and to be assembled at Lancaster, for the purposes of a possible seabourne invasion if it is required ,and for them to be disbanded if not required.

Lord Godwine , ended the parliamentary session , still in high spirits, as he thinks to himself , that this parliamentary thing was easier than he thought it would be , and left to partake of some of the local wine , to celebrate his succesfull session of Parliament, before leaving for home.

---------------------------------------------------------

TIOC - Hotseat Saves - Page 2 548px-Arms_of_Montfort-l%27Amaury_queue_fourche.svg

Simon arrived at Ingelwood forest , to find the bandit camp deserted and no sign of the bandits . Scratching his head , he sent out scouts to seach the local area , to find the bandits he sort to destroy but of the outlaws there was no sign. The army was camped on the Scottish border , where scouts were sent to and fro in searching for the bandits new camp. Later that afternoon , he received a notice from king alexander of the Scots telling him , that the scots had solved the bandits situation for them , and hoped for better relations. Sensing a job well done , he was in the midst of telling the army to get ready to move out , when he received orders from Parliament , to hold his grounds at the border , for the moment.

"What is happening back there , in York ?" , he mused to himself as he read the rest of the what had transpired at Parliament

Simon paced up and down , his demeanour getting more and more angry , as he saw that Lord Godwine , had nearly destroyed all the diplomacy , he had secured within the last ten years , by insulting the king of England , and bringing the Northern shires again to the brink of war...

"Merde!! qu'est-ce que ceux qui font des imbéciles?!!!"  , he cried failing back into his native French tongue , in his anger , as he tore up the parliament orders, but his fate was sealed, as for him , to leave the army to return to parliament before the crisis was over would be seen as treason and moving against the very parliament he had setup.

Turn sent to England
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rfo19tyowmabte8/TIOC_England_15.sav?dl=0
Hannibal2001
Hannibal2001
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
1 Staff Hotseat Victory

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 pm
EDIT: Ireland is up! - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FtR4O75Dhlbb4JPA_jXFf54sdvL_jDOr

RP coming up next turn, for now the Welsh capital, Montgomery, is under siege!

2 Welsh diplomats met their ends! - https://postimg.org/gallery/2hcars7nq/
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:03 am
Why are we on a halt? I sent PeaMan a PM to remind him about his turn being overdue, but I got no response so far...
Jadli
Jadli
Site Owner

Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:03 am
CommodusIV
CommodusIV

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:42 pm
Save is in the hands of Scotland.

King Llywelyn issues a pointed remark that the fallen Dafydd was his brother, not his son. Indeed, Llywelyn does not have a biological son.
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:12 pm
Jadli wrote:he is moving to a new house or what. Will sub soon

EDIT

Norwegian army destroyed - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1liehEGoDSU4TcdsQ0_jJVlfLMGIwlS1n/view?usp=sharing

Are there any survivors, since you say army " destroyed" and it was only a close victory, with half the men still alive.
paladinbob123
paladinbob123

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:06 pm
I would guess that would depend on wether the Vikings had a settlement or  a fort on Ireland to fall back to ..or at worst case a ship to retreat back onto...baring none of these cases..i would guess the whole army is exterminated... Sad

Last edited by paladinbob123 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:14 pm
paladinbob123 wrote:I would guess that would depend on wether the Vikings had a settlement or  a fort on Ireland to fall back to ..or at worst case a ship to retreat back onto...baring no of these cases..i would guess the whole army is exterminated... Sad

None of the above, the ships were safe at a Norwegian port so the army was left to itself, but I knew that even if it got defeated by the Irish army in the nearby settlement, it wouldn't be destroyed since it was too strong to be killed by the available irish army.

However, I didn't know that with nowhere to fall back to, it would be exterminated.

It's a pity.

The same thing happened to to Prince Dommnal at the isle of Man, but I thought that since the isle of Man is so small, the irish got stuck and exterminated.

But with my army on Ireland having room to run away if need be, I didnt think it will be annihilated if it had no fort/settlement/ships to fall back to.

Jadli
Jadli
Site Owner

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:39 pm
They dead
CommodusIV
CommodusIV

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:29 am
Yeah, core mechanic of the game - no fallback and it doesn't matter what the odds are. The losing army is dead, and that is that.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum