Site Owner
View user profile

Re: TIOC - Hotseat Saves

on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:39 pm
They dead
View user profile

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:29 am
Yeah, core mechanic of the game - no fallback and it doesn't matter what the odds are. The losing army is dead, and that is that.
View user profile

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:34 am
@CommodusIV wrote:Yeah, core mechanic of the game - no fallback and it doesn't matter what the odds are. The losing army is dead, and that is that.

Ok, thanks. It's good to know so I plan better next time and avoid losing troops unnecessarily.

But this core game mechanic doesn't happen to Single Player campaigns, correct? Unless I have not paid attention, but I have never seen an army destroyed, they always fall back somewhere on the map.

View user profile

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:06 am
Whether its singleplayer or a hotseat doesnt matter to the mechanics

View user profile

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:28 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Dougall was on his way up the hill to the Castle at the Isle of Man, he looked for the party of Prince Domnall. But instead he stumbled upon the ravaged bloody scene at Domnall's camp. 

"Damn these Norse savages, do they fight with any honor?" Dougall thought as his "brother" Arcill's group caught up to them. They spotted a celtic cross up on the hill.

"Prince Domnall, your death will not be in vain....." Arcill said menacingly. 
"But for now we must leave these lands, they are not safe"

Arcill and Dougall went to the shore and boarded their ships to return to the homeland.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donald was sent to Newcastle to represent the Scots, since our previous representatives demise. 

"We come to discuss recent events between our peoples and the neighboring affairs, firstly we have left the Isle of Man as requested but we do not answer to Lord GodSWINE, you weasel of a man, if i dare call you a man at all. We don't heed orders from you, only Lord Simon. We demand to speak with Lord Simon at once!" (didnt want to talk for your characters so if you want to rebut with Godwin you can continure their conversation)

Donald cools off and settles in at parliament, patiently awaiting the return of Lord Simon. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the North, King Alexander is disappointed with the state of his realm. He tried to install peace in the lands but events outside of his control and on the acts of his "sons". 

"God, be gracious and give me a son of my own for apparently my judgement is faulty! Dougall and Arcill as promising as they are, have made some crucial decisions without my consultation. Now i defend our lands and deal with it as they sail their little boats around wasting time! Even my dreaded Patrick has the sense to stay in his lane and protect our borders."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mediafire.com file/f8778bjxoyhevpv/TIOC_Norway_15.sav Norway up save sent to him via email
View user profile

on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:43 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Somewhere on the coast in northern Ireland....

Hvor i helvete er de?!

Where the hell are they!!! The Norse chief shouted again.
Where are the Scots, they should have landed here by now so we can strike together!!

My Lord, the storm is getting dangerous, our ships can't stay in the rocky bay, they must get away from the coast.

They can't leave us here with no cover and without the Scots, we are in unknown territory with no secure position!, the commander was worried.
His Viking raiders are eager for loot and blood, but without the ships support and their Scottish allies, they are left exposed....

Irske, irske krigere over hele åsene

The irish warriors were descending on the shore from the hills, they have spotted the Vikings and went for the kill.

We are trapped! The commander, one of the bravest generals of the Noregveldi, knew it was time to meet his fate.
He grabs his sword and addresses his men who were watching the hordes of Irishmen descending on them.

Men of the North, you have been betrayed by the Scots. Those who called themselves allies and bound by the word of Christ have forsaken you.
But to hell with them. You are the wolves of the North. Today, you will die on these shores, but tonight, tonight you will feast in Valhalla!!

For ære !!!

The Vikings charged gloriously to their death...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Northern coast of the Isle of Man...

They left in such a rush...such cowards...first they betray us, then they betray the honour of the Irish by turning their tale after the Irish Prince is dead... I wonder what the Irish sailors in the ships blockading our port think of their new allies as they see them sail away...

Prince Magnus was standing in the middle of the abandoned Scottish camp, speaking to his counsellor.

His men were jubilating at the sight of the Scottish departing. They are safe from another siege, for now.

But Magnus was worried.
He heard rumours that the Welsh, pushed hard against their shores in Wales by the English, might try and siege Castletown in hopes of relocating there.

Should I just abandon the Isle and sail North? I can use  my men to help with the fight against those Scottish traitors...but how, I have no ships, we are blockaded...and what about the men? After their victory against the Irish defending their homes, I can't just tell them to pack and leave...

What shall I do?!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Somewhere near Inverness....

Mars menn, det er tid for hevn!

Inge was shouting to his men, ordering them to march for revenge....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Northern Shires are next: https://we.tl/O2XpNP8IoR

View user profile

on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum