Total War Hotseat Campaigns
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Jadli
Site Owner

TIOC - Hotseat Rules and List of Players - Page 2 Empty Re: TIOC - Hotseat Rules and List of Players

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:59 pm
Siege artillery is by the rules needed for all sieges indeed, as Der Bose says. "The Next Stages of Siege" assumes you already fullfilled the criteria for the artillery. Nor sure what Commodus told you, maybe he got confused. Would be best if he made it clear asap

Last edited by Jadli on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
CommodusIV

TIOC - Hotseat Rules and List of Players - Page 2 Empty Re: TIOC - Hotseat Rules and List of Players

Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:59 pm
My explanation was poor in the first place. I probably misunderstood/miscommunicated the distinction between the artillery part and the next stage of the rules, as for ladders and such small walls do not need to follow said rules. It would be easy to confuse me on the distinction between siege equipment, the artillery and siege equipment, the ladders and towers and rams >.<. I think, given the ambiguity, we can established that artillery is needed to assault, plus whatever applicable ladders and such in the future. But, as again the rules were not too well written and my explanation was plainly quite poor, I don't think Hanni should be punished for what comes out to be a communication error.

In other words, my recommended course of action is "it stands, but it doesn't work in the future".

Last edited by CommodusIV on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:05 pm
So if I understand well, artillery is needed FOR ALL SIEGES regardless of settlement size, the ladders rules comes after the artillery siege is fulfilled.

Indeed, the assault of Cardiff was not legal, but I understand the confusion and I dont ask for a replay. Im ok with continuing the campaign where it is now, but at least it's clear for all future sieges what the rules are.
Hannibal2001
Hannibal2001
1 Staff Hotseat Victory
1 Staff Hotseat Victory

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:10 pm
Der Böse Wolf wrote:So if I understand well, artillery is needed FOR ALL SIEGES regardless of settlement size, the ladders rules comes after the artillery siege is fulfilled.

Indeed, the assault of Cardiff was not legal, but I understand the confusion and I dont ask for a replay. Im ok with continuing the campaign where it is now, but at least it's clear for all future sieges what the rules are.
By the definition Commodus gave me before it is legal and I get that from the rules as well since Next Stage of Sieges can be taken as more developed sieges which are different from the ones with artillery that can last just a turn. We have to change the rules after this Razz/.
Jadli
Jadli
Site Owner

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:11 pm
Considering the player whom the rules were broken against is ok with proceeding, we will proceed.

However, as it was just said, siege artillery is necessary for every siege (unless using spy etc). But to assault the settlement, you then also have to follow "Next Stage of Siege". Will edit the rules to be more clear soon.

In future, everyone please always post screenshots for everything, where are some requirements to be allowed to do so.
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:14 pm
Jadli wrote:Considering the player whom the rules were broken against is ok with proceeding, we will proceed.

However, as it was just said, siege artillery is necessary for every siege (unless using spy etc). But to assault the settlement, you then also have to follow "Next Stage of Siege". Will edit the rules to be more clear soon.

In future, everyone please always post screenshots for everything, where are some requirements to be allowed to do so.

We can siege without artillery (maybe the artillery is on their way but the main army lays the siege already) but we cannot assault without both artillery and ladders as specified in "Next Stage of Siege".

Correct?
Jadli
Jadli
Site Owner

Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:15 pm
Yes
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 pm
Are adoptions unlimited or, since it's a RP campaign, we are limited to maybe one or two?
Der Böse Wolf
Der Böse Wolf

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:14 pm
An answer, Jadli or Commodus?
Jadli
Jadli
Site Owner

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:53 pm
If there is no mention about it in the rules, it means there are no rules about it, which means you can adopt as many as you like
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum